TEAM NEWS: Ipswich Town new boys David McGoldrick and Aaron Mclean start at Cardiff City
Cardiff v Ipswich: Mick McCarthy will unleash a new-look frontline at league leaders Cardiff City today after David McGoldrick and Aaron Mclean were preferred to Michael Chopra and Daryl Murphy.
The Blues boss has sprung a few surprises with both Murphy and Chopra on the bench and Nigel Reo-Coker, who short-term deal ends after today’s game, not included in the 18-man squad – Luke Hyam is preferred alongside Guirane N’Daw.
With Stephen Henderson injured and after his man-of-the-match performance at Aston Villa in the FA Cup, Scott Loach starts in goal.
But Elliott Hewitt and Patrick Kisnorbo, who both did little wrong against the Premier League strugglers, have lost their place to Bradley Orr and Luke Chambers respectively.
Fellow new boy, Frank Nouble, and fit-again Andy Drury are among the Town subs while Cardiff City make 11 changes from the side that started in last week’s defeat at Maccesfield in the FA Cup third round.
Cardiff: Marshall, Taylor, Hudson (c), Turner, Connolly, Noone, Whittingham, Gunnarsson, Conway, Gestede, Bellamy. Subs – Lewis, McNaughton, Cowie, Smith, Kim, Mason, Helguson.
- 1 Fuel protests: Twelve miles of queues reported on A12
- 2 Macauley Bonne: Town is not a closed book... I've got unfinished business
- 3 Suffolk's first blue badge prosecution for Haverhill woman
- 4 Man in 40s stabbed at town centre multi-storey car park
- 5 Road closed and person trapped in car after crash
- 6 7 of the prettiest cafes in Suffolk
- 7 Go-ahead given for 40 new homes in Suffolk village
- 8 Dobra signs for Cook's Chesterfield after Ipswich departure
- 9 Suspected drink driver arrested after three cars damaged in crash
- 10 Three Suffolk beaches named among 'most beautiful' in UK by Sunday Times
Ipswich: Loach, Orr, Chambers, Smith, Cresswell, Edwards, Hyam, N’Daw, Martin, Mclean, McGoldrick. Subs – Lee-Barrett, Kisnorbo, Hewitt, Drury, Murphy, Chopra, Nouble.