TEAM NEWS: Ipswich Town new boys David McGoldrick and Aaron Mclean start at Cardiff City
Cardiff v Ipswich: Mick McCarthy will unleash a new-look frontline at league leaders Cardiff City today after David McGoldrick and Aaron Mclean were preferred to Michael Chopra and Daryl Murphy.
The Blues boss has sprung a few surprises with both Murphy and Chopra on the bench and Nigel Reo-Coker, who short-term deal ends after today’s game, not included in the 18-man squad – Luke Hyam is preferred alongside Guirane N’Daw.
With Stephen Henderson injured and after his man-of-the-match performance at Aston Villa in the FA Cup, Scott Loach starts in goal.
But Elliott Hewitt and Patrick Kisnorbo, who both did little wrong against the Premier League strugglers, have lost their place to Bradley Orr and Luke Chambers respectively.
Fellow new boy, Frank Nouble, and fit-again Andy Drury are among the Town subs while Cardiff City make 11 changes from the side that started in last week’s defeat at Maccesfield in the FA Cup third round.
You may also want to watch:
Cardiff: Marshall, Taylor, Hudson (c), Turner, Connolly, Noone, Whittingham, Gunnarsson, Conway, Gestede, Bellamy. Subs – Lewis, McNaughton, Cowie, Smith, Kim, Mason, Helguson.
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 3 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 4 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 5 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 7 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 8 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
- 9 Another former Town player completes Colchester move
- 10 Woman in master/slave relationship was asked to supply indecent images
Ipswich: Loach, Orr, Chambers, Smith, Cresswell, Edwards, Hyam, N’Daw, Martin, Mclean, McGoldrick. Subs – Lee-Barrett, Kisnorbo, Hewitt, Drury, Murphy, Chopra, Nouble.