TEAM NEWS: Ipswich Town unchanged at Watford
Watford v Ipswich: IPSWICH Town manager Paul Jewell has named an unchanged side at Watford tonight following his side’s encouraging 1-1 home draw with Blackburn Rovers three days’ previous.
It means that the Blues continue to play a 4-2-3-1 formation, with in-form striker Jason Scotland kept on the bench for an impact later in the match.
Town have lost 12 and drawn three of their 15 games against the Hornets.
Gianfranco Zola’s new-look side have received a boost with highly-rated young midfielder Sean Murray and new loanees Daniel Pudil and Matej Vydra all passing fitness tests.
– Report and reaction to follow.
You may also want to watch:
WATFORD (4-3-3): Almunia; Hodson, Nosworthy, Taylor (cpt), Pudil; Murray, Hogg, Abdi; Vydra, Garner, Yeates.
Subs: Bond, Dickinson, Iwelumo, Doyley, Beleck, Anya, Smith.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 4 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 5 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 6 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 7 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
IPSWICH (4-2-3-1): Loach; Edwards (cpt), Chambers, Smith, Cresswell; Luongo, Hyam; Emmanuel-Thomas, Martin, Carson; Chopra.
Subs: Lee-Barrett, Delaney, Scotland, Stevenson, Drury, Murray, Ainsley.
Referee: Roger East