TEAM NEWS: Ipswich Town unchanged for visit of Bristol City
Ipswich v Bristol City: BLUES boss Mick McCarthy has named an unchanged starting line-up for the visit of Bristol City, following last weekend’s 2-0 defeat at Leeds United.
Andy Drury retains his place in the centre of midfield, with the fit-again Luke Hyam replacing Bilel Mohsni on the bench.
Bristol City – the Championship’s leakiest defence (45 goals conceded with no clean sheets) – have lost 10 of their last 13 matches.
With the fourth-from-bottom side looking to close the gap on a Town side just one place and five points above them in the table, manager Derek McInnes has decided to play a defensive 5-4-1 formation.
Left-back Greg Cunningham returns to the side after a long-term injury, while former Blues striker Jon Stead starts up front in place of the injured Ryan Taylor.
You may also want to watch:
Ipswich are unbeaten in eight matches against the Robins, having won both games against the south west side by a 3-0 scoreline last season.
– Follow @Stuart_Watson and @davegoods on Twitter for live match updates.
- 1 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 2 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 3 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 4 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 5 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 6 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 7 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 8 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 9 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 10 Forward Sears completes Colchester return
IPSWICH TOWN (4-4-2): Henderson; Orr, Chambers, Smith, Cresswell; Edwards (cpt), Drury, N’Daw, Martin; Campbell, Murphy.
Subs: Loach; Higginbotham, Mohsni; Reo-Coker; Emmanuel-Thomas, Chopra.
BRISTOL CITY (5-4-1): Heaton; Foster, Bates, McManus, Fontaine, Cunningham; Adomah, Danns, Skuse (cpt), Anderson; Stead.
Subs: Gerken, Wilson, Baldock, Kilkenny, Davies, Elliott, Bryan.
Referee: Mark Haywood