Team news: Ipswich Town v Brighton
Ipswich Town boss Mick McCarthy has made seven changes from the team that won 4-1 at Doncaster Rovers in midweek, for today’s top-of-the-table Championship clash with Brighton.
In come Luke Chambers, Ainsley Maitland-Niles, Cole Skuse, Ryan Fraser, Freddie Sears, Jonathan Douglas and Jonas Knudsen, with Josh Yorwerth, Myles Kenlock, Giles Coke, Jay Tabb, Adam McDonnell, Larsen Toure and David McGoldrick making way.
Dean Gerken retains his place in goal, despite Bartosz Bialkowski returning after compassionate leave, while new Polish defender Piotr Malarcyzk is handed a place on the bench.
Christophe Berra is sidelined for a month with a hamstring problem, so Emmanuel comes in at right-back with Chambers moving into the centre of the defence.
As for Brighton, they have made 10 changes from their midweek cup defeat at Walsall, former Ipswich loanee Liam Rosenior keeping his place and replacing Jamie Murphy from the team that won 1-0 at home to Blackburn a week ago.
Ex-Ipswich loanee David Stockdale starts in goal for the Seagulls, while there is a place on the bench for their returning hero, Bobby Zamora.
Town: Gerken, Emmanuel, Chambers, Smith, Knudsen, Maitland-Niles, Skuse, Douglas, Fraser, Pitman, Sears. Subs: Bialkowski, McGoldrick, Coke, Tabb, Malarcyzk, Kenlock, Toure
- 1 'I thought he was going to Ipswich' - rival boss reveals Blues interest in right-back
- 2 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 3 Will Suffolk have a white Christmas this year?
- 4 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 5 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 6 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 7 The Ipswich Town players who could force their way into Cook's thinking during cup break
- 8 Essex Sainsbury's car park cordoned off after police incident
- 9 Norwood on target as Town Under 23's sting Hornets
- 10 Aston Villa loanee Louie Barry is the forgotten signing at Ipswich Town... he'll be hoping to get his chance this week
Brighton: Stockdale, Bruno, Greer, Hunemeier, Bong, Stephens, Hemed, Rosenior, Lualua, Baldock, Hemed. Subs: Maenpaa, Dunk, Murphy, Forster-Caskey, March, Ince, Zamora
Referee: Keith Hill