TEAM NEWS: Jason Scotland starts as Ipswich revert to 4-4-2 against Bristol Rovers
Ipswich v Bristol Rovers: Paul Jewell has stuck to his word and fielded his strongest available line-up for the visit of League Two Bristol Rovers in the first round of the Capital One Cup.
With Damien Delaney, Andy Drury, Josh Carson and Ronan Murray all missing, Jewell’s options were limited.
But he has gone with a 4-4-2 formation with Jason Scotland set to start alongside Michael Chopra and Scott Loach, Luke Chambers and Massimo Luongo all making their competitive debuts.
Lee Martin will start on the left while on the bench, youngsters Jack Ainsley, Joe Whight, Byron Lawrence and Cormac Burke have all been named along with Nathan Ellington whose future remains unclear after a poor first season at Portman Road.
Bristol Rovers will start with Sam Walker in goal after the Chelsea keeper signed on loan today.
You may also want to watch:
Ironically, Walker, like Loach, is a Blues fan and was in goal for Northampton Town when they beat Ipswich in the same stage of the competition last year.
- 1 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 2 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 3 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 4 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 5 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 6 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 7 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 8 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 9 Long-serving parish clerk resigns from council hit by flaring tensions
- 10 Woman dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
Ipswich: Loach; Edwards (cpt), Chambers, Smith, Cresswell; Emmanuel-Thomas, Luongo, Hyam, Martin; Chopra, Scotland. Subs – Lee-Barrett, Stevenson, Ellington, Ainsley, Whight, Lawrence, Burke.
Bristol Rovers: Walker, Smith, Paterson, Clarkson, Gill (cpt), Harrold, Brown, Norburn, Anyinsah, Virgo, Brown. Subs – Harding, Gough, Staley, Clarke, Clucas, Lund.