TEAM NEWS: Luke Hyam a doubt for Ipswich Town’s trip to Bolton Wanderers
Bolton v Ipswich: Mick McCarthy has revealed he is sweating over the fitness of midfielder Luke Hyam after he sustained a calf injury in Tuesday night’s win over Nottingham Forest.
Hyam underwent lengthy treatment in the wake of the 3-1 win, in which he scored his first Championship goal.
And the Blues boss this morning said Hyam would not be training today as he evaluates his fitness ahead of the trip to the Reebok.
McCarthy said he was “hopeful” Hyam would be fit with Andy Drury standing by to replace him.
Nigel Reo-Coker will definitely miss the visit to his former club with the hamstring victim hoping to return to training next week.
You may also want to watch:
But McCarthy reported that he had no other new injury worries as he looks to keep his side out of the bottom three.
- 1 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 2 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 3 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 4 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
- 5 Chambers on a 'Town core setting standards' at Colchester
- 6 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 7 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 8 Farmer's anger at 'utterly vile' dog owner who tied dog mess to gate lock
- 9 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 10 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case