TEAM NEWS: Luke Hyam returns to Ipswich Town team at Barnsley
Barnsley v Ipswich: Paul Jewell has changed the dynamic of his central midfield by starting with Guirane N’Daw and Luke Hyam at Barnsley.
Danny Higginbotham also makes his full debut at Oakwell in place of Tommy Smith while Massimo Luongo and Jay Emmanuel-Thomas misses out.
But it is the return of homegrown boy Hyam, who last started in the 6-0 defeat at Blackpool at the end of August, that will get fans buzzing in what has become a must-win game.
The shape of Jewell’s team will be of interest with the Blues possibly starting in a 4-4-2 formation with Daryl Murphy and Jason Scotland upfront.
We understand that Jewell might look to match Barnsley’s diamond midfield with Hyam the defensive midfielder and N’Daw and Andy Drury slightly more advanced.
You may also want to watch:
Barnsley have named an unchanged side following their amazing 5-0 win at Birmingham last Saturday.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 4 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 5 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 6 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
Ipswich: Loach, Edwards, Chambers, Higginbotham, Cresswell, N’Daw, Hyam, Drury, Martin, Murphy, Scotland. Subs – Lee-Barrett, Ainsley, Smith, Emmanuel-Thomas, Luongo, Ellington, Murray
Barnsley: Alnwick, Kennedy, Foster, Wiseman, Golbourne, Cranie, Cywka, Dawson, Mellis, Davies, Dagnall. Subs – Steele, Perkins, Etuhu, Harewood, Done, Stones, Rose