TEAM NEWS: Luke Hyam ruled out of season finale at Doncaster
IPSWICH Town manager Paul Jewell has confirmed that Luke Hyam will not recover from his thigh injury in time for Saturday’s season finale at Doncaster.
The Blues boss revealed last week that he was set to put the 20-year-old back in his starting line-up for the visit of Millwall, only for the local lad to pick up an injury in training.
Lee Martin also missed that game with a groin problem, with Jewell saying today that the midfielder remains a doubt ahead of his side’s trip to the Keepmoat Stadium.
Ryan Stevenson made only his second start for the Blues last weekend, but is struggling with a sore Achilles.
Left-back Aaron Cresswell will miss only his second game of the season after tearing his hamstring at Portman Road. Jewell refused to reveal his replacement today, but said it will not be veteran Mark Kennedy and appeared to play down the chances of youngsters Joe Whight and Jack Ainsley.
You may also want to watch:
Sixteen-year-old midfielder Byron Lawrence will be in the travelling party.
– For all the latest Blues news, see tomorrow’s EADT and Ipswich Star.
- 1 Matchday Live: Millwall ahead in feisty pre-season clash
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 4 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 5 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 6 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 7 Fallen tree partially blocks stretch of A12
- 8 Evans returns to Town side for Millwall clash
- 9 Army helicopter lands in field near Nacton after developing fault
- 10 Latitude Festival could lead to around 400 Covid cases despite jabs and tests