Team news: McGoldrick starts as McCarthy makes four changes
Ipswich manager Mick McCarthy has made four changes to his side to face Nottingham Forest this afternoon, with David McGoldrick, Cole Skuse, Ainsley Maitland-Niles and Freddie Sears returning to the side.
The Blues look set to line up in a 4-3-3 formation at the City Ground, with McCarthy naming a flexible side with Maitland-Niles, McGoldrick and Sears all joining Daryl Murphy as attacking option.
McCarthy has named the same back five which started at Hull.
For the hosts, former Blues Jonny Williams and Liam Trotter both start.
Forest: De Vries; Lichaj, Wilson, Hobbs, Pinillos; Trottier, Vaughan, Williams, Mendez, Ward, Oliveira.
You may also want to watch:
Subs: Evtimov, Blackstock, Burke, O’Grady, Walker, Grant, Iacovitti.
ITFC: Gerken; Chambers, Smith, Berra, Knudsen; Skuse, Bru, Maitland-Niles; McGoldrick, Murphy, Sears.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 4 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 5 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 6 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 7 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 8 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
Subs: Bialkowski, Malarczyk, Parr, Douglas, Coke, Toure, Pitman