TEAM NEWS: Mick McCarthy missing 10 Ipswich Town first-team players for Capital One Cup clash at Crawley Town.
- Credit: Ashley Pickering
Teenage centre-back Matthew Clarke will make his Ipswich Town debut at Crawley Town, in the Capital One Cup, tomorrow night.
The 17-year-old, who featured for Town in pre-season, will start at left-back, replacing the injured Tyrone Mings who was suffering from cramp and a sore back after Saturday’s win against Fulham.
Jack Marriott will also start in attack, while there could also be a place for either Frank Nouble or Balint Bajner, with David McGoldrick (sore groin) and Daryl Murphy (calf) also missing out as precautions.
McCarthy will also be without Jonathan Parr (groin), Paul Anderson (hamstring), Cameron Stewart (broken jaw) and Stephen Hunt (calf) while Cole Skuse (foot), Luke Hyam (cramp) and Tommy Smith (sore groin) – all of whom played on Saturday – will not be risked.
Young midfielder Teddy Bishop will also be on the bench having impressed McCarthy during the summer warm-up games, while Bartosz Bialkowski will make his debut in goal following his summer move from Notts County.
Hunt and Stewart aside, the aforementioned senior players are likely to be involved at Reading on Saturday.
- 1 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 2 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 3 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins to for Town
- 4 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 5 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 6 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 7 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 8 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 9 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 10 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries