TEAM NEWS: Mings starts, with Marriott on the bench at Burnley
Burnley v Ipswich: BLUES boss Mick McCarthy has named an experimental side for a fairly meaningless season-finale at Burnley.
There are four changes to the team which secured Championship safety with a 3-1 home win over Birmingham.
Young left-back Tyrone Mings – a December signing from non-league club Chippenham – makes his debut for the club, while Richard Stearman is back after a hamstring injury and both Patrick Kisnorbo and Anthony Wordsworth start.
Aaron Cresswell – who could end up playing every minute of every game this season – has been pushed forwards to left-midfield, with Luke Chambers, Jay Tabb, Guirane N’Daw and Elliott Hewitt all drop to the bench,
Teenage striker Jack Marriott – who has scored 26 goals at youth team level this season – is on the bench for the first time, with both Michael Chopra and Jay Emmanuel-Thomas dropping out of the squad.
You may also want to watch:
Lee Martin is also among the subs. The EADT understands that the winger is still deciding whether to accept a new contract on significantly reduced terms,
The EADT also understands that both Arran Lee-Barrett and Andy Drury have been told they will be released. Lee-Barrett is on the bench, but Drury has not travelled due to the fact his partner is due to give birth.
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 3 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 4 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 8 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 9 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 10 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
– Follow @Stuart_Watson and @ChrisBramms on Twitter for live match updates.
BURNLEY (4-3-3): Grant; Trippier, Long, Shackell, Lafferty; Stock, Marney, McCann; Ings, Vokes, Paterson.
Subs: Jensen, O’Neill, Howieson, Hewitt, Stanislas, Bartley, Wallace.
IPSWICH TOWN (4-4-2): Loach; Stearman, Kisnorbo, Smith, Mings; Edwards (cpt), Hyam, Wordsworth, Cresswell; Nouble, Murphy.
Subs: Lee-Barrett, Hewitt, Chambers, N’Daw, Tabb, Martin, Marriott.