TEAM NEWS: Nouble and Emmanuel-Thomas start against Palace
- Credit: Andy Abbotty
Ipswich v Crystal Palace: IPSWICH Town manager Mick McCarthy has made two changes to his side for tonight’s game against Crystal Palace at Portman Road.
Following Saturday’s gutsy 2-1 home defeat to second-place Hull City, the Blues boss has made minimal alterations to his line-up for the visit of the faltering fourth-place Eagles.
Jay Emmanuel-Thomas has replaced Jay Tabb, the latter on the bench having limped off with a knee injury at the weekend.
And Frank Nouble is in for Michael Chopra after the latter’s underwhelming display against the Tigers.
Patrick Kisnorbo (illness) and Anthony Wordsworth (just back after a lengthy spell out with a back injury) are both on the bench, with Lee Martin (ankle) not making the squad.
You may also want to watch:
Palace boss Ian Holloway – who didn’t play at the weekend – has made one enforced change to the side which drew 0-0 at home to Barnsley.
Club captain Mile Jedinak, serving the first of a two-match ban for accumulated bookings, is replaced by Kagisho Dikgacoi in midfield.
- 1 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 5 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 6 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 7 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 8 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 9 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 10 Teenage county lines drug dealer handed suspended prison sentence
While the Blues are seeking the three points which should ensure Championship survival, the Eagles have seen their promotion charge falter in recent weeks.
The south London side have taken just two points from a five-gamne winless run, failing to score in their last four matches. Holloway’s side have won just one of their last 12 away league games.
IPSWICH TOWN (4-4-2): Loach; Stearman, Chambers, Smith, Cresswell; Edwards (cpt), N’Daw, Hyam, Emmanuel-Thomas; Murphy, Nouble.
Subs: Lee-Barrett, Hewitt, Kisnorbo, Drury, Tabb, Wordsworth, Chopra.
CRYSTAL PALACE (4-2-3-1): Speroni; Ward, Ramage, Delaney, Parr; Dikgacoi, Williams; Zaha, Moritz, Bolasie; Murray.
Subs: Price, Richards, Phillips, Dobbie, Marrow, Wilbraham, Gabbidon.
Referee: Simon Hooper