TEAM NEWS: Nouble and Emmanuel-Thomas start against Palace
- Credit: Andy Abbotty
Ipswich v Crystal Palace: IPSWICH Town manager Mick McCarthy has made two changes to his side for tonight’s game against Crystal Palace at Portman Road.
Following Saturday’s gutsy 2-1 home defeat to second-place Hull City, the Blues boss has made minimal alterations to his line-up for the visit of the faltering fourth-place Eagles.
Jay Emmanuel-Thomas has replaced Jay Tabb, the latter on the bench having limped off with a knee injury at the weekend.
And Frank Nouble is in for Michael Chopra after the latter’s underwhelming display against the Tigers.
Patrick Kisnorbo (illness) and Anthony Wordsworth (just back after a lengthy spell out with a back injury) are both on the bench, with Lee Martin (ankle) not making the squad.
Palace boss Ian Holloway – who didn’t play at the weekend – has made one enforced change to the side which drew 0-0 at home to Barnsley.
Club captain Mile Jedinak, serving the first of a two-match ban for accumulated bookings, is replaced by Kagisho Dikgacoi in midfield.
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 3 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 4 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 5 Weather warning in place for Suffolk as temperatures plunge below freezing
- 6 The Secrets of Dunwich: East Anglia's lost capital
- 7 Town set to appeal Morsy's FA charge
- 8 5 places to spot celebrities in Suffolk
- 9 6 roadworks to avoid in Suffolk this week
- 10 20th century former light railway station to be converted into properties
While the Blues are seeking the three points which should ensure Championship survival, the Eagles have seen their promotion charge falter in recent weeks.
The south London side have taken just two points from a five-gamne winless run, failing to score in their last four matches. Holloway’s side have won just one of their last 12 away league games.
IPSWICH TOWN (4-4-2): Loach; Stearman, Chambers, Smith, Cresswell; Edwards (cpt), N’Daw, Hyam, Emmanuel-Thomas; Murphy, Nouble.
Subs: Lee-Barrett, Hewitt, Kisnorbo, Drury, Tabb, Wordsworth, Chopra.
CRYSTAL PALACE (4-2-3-1): Speroni; Ward, Ramage, Delaney, Parr; Dikgacoi, Williams; Zaha, Moritz, Bolasie; Murray.
Subs: Price, Richards, Phillips, Dobbie, Marrow, Wilbraham, Gabbidon.
Referee: Simon Hooper