TEAM NEWS: Nouble, Hewitt and Tabb all start at Peterborough
Peterborough v Ipswich: THREE players will make their full league debuts for Ipswich Town in a game which could have a big bearing as to whether they are relegated to the third tier of English football for the first time in more than half a century.
Teenage right-back Elliott Hewitt has replaced the suspended Richard Stearman, new loanee signing Jay Tabb (Reading) comes in for the suspended Lee Martin on the left of midfield, while striker Frank Nouble has been handed his first start in place of the injured Michael Chopra.
Stearmaan and Martin were both sent off in Tuesday night’s 1-0 defeat at Nottingham Forest. The Blues players dug deep before conceding a late goal and, as a result, Daryl Murphy – who did a huge amount of running – has been rested, with David McGoldrick coming back into the team.
McGoldrick scored the winner in last weekend’s 1-0 home win over Leicester, but was unable to face his parent club in midweek.
Carlos Edwards and Jay Emmanuel-Thomas both missed the trip to The City Ground through a groin problem and illness respectively. They are both on the bench at London Road.
Manchester United loanee Reece Brown is the domestic loanee that misses out on a place in the squad.
Peterborough are unchanged following their 2-2 home draw with Charlton on Tuesday night.
- 1 Revealed: The most isolated villages in Suffolk
- 2 Mystery surrounds container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast
- 3 One of north Suffolk's 'most productive' arable farms up for sale
- 4 Protests against soaring fuel prices planned for Monday
- 5 Ice cream kiosk at Suffolk beauty spot destroyed in arson
- 6 Ambitious plans to regenerate 'dilapidated' part of Suffolk town revealed
- 7 Woman jailed for having sex with Ipswich schoolboy
- 8 Three Suffolk beaches named among 'most beautiful' in UK by Sunday Times
- 9 Suffolk museum to host military vehicle display
- 10 Ex-Town striker Pitman drops down five levels to sign for new club
Second-bottom Posh are five points behind Town heading into this match, while they also have a game-in-hand to follow.
PETERBOROUGH UNITED: Olejnik; Little, Zakuani, Bostwick, Rowe (cpt); Mendez-Laing, McCann, Payne, Swanson; Tomlin, Gayle.
Subs: Day, Alcock, Brisley, Newell, Ferdinand, Nthle, Barnett.
IPSWICH TOWN (4-4-2): Henderson; Hewitt, Chambers (cpt), Smith, Cresswell; Drury, N’Daw, Hyam, Tabb; Nouble, McGoldrick.
Subs: Loach, Kisnorbo, Mings, Edwards, Emmanuel-Thomas, Mclean, Murphy.
Referee: J Linington