TEAM NEWS: Nouble, Hewitt and Tabb all start at Peterborough
Peterborough v Ipswich: THREE players will make their full league debuts for Ipswich Town in a game which could have a big bearing as to whether they are relegated to the third tier of English football for the first time in more than half a century.
Teenage right-back Elliott Hewitt has replaced the suspended Richard Stearman, new loanee signing Jay Tabb (Reading) comes in for the suspended Lee Martin on the left of midfield, while striker Frank Nouble has been handed his first start in place of the injured Michael Chopra.
Stearmaan and Martin were both sent off in Tuesday night’s 1-0 defeat at Nottingham Forest. The Blues players dug deep before conceding a late goal and, as a result, Daryl Murphy – who did a huge amount of running – has been rested, with David McGoldrick coming back into the team.
McGoldrick scored the winner in last weekend’s 1-0 home win over Leicester, but was unable to face his parent club in midweek.
Carlos Edwards and Jay Emmanuel-Thomas both missed the trip to The City Ground through a groin problem and illness respectively. They are both on the bench at London Road.
You may also want to watch:
Manchester United loanee Reece Brown is the domestic loanee that misses out on a place in the squad.
Peterborough are unchanged following their 2-2 home draw with Charlton on Tuesday night.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 4 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 5 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 6 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 7 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 8 When Eagles Dare documentary reveals how close Ian Holloway came to being named Ipswich Town manager
- 9 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 10 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!
Second-bottom Posh are five points behind Town heading into this match, while they also have a game-in-hand to follow.
PETERBOROUGH UNITED: Olejnik; Little, Zakuani, Bostwick, Rowe (cpt); Mendez-Laing, McCann, Payne, Swanson; Tomlin, Gayle.
Subs: Day, Alcock, Brisley, Newell, Ferdinand, Nthle, Barnett.
IPSWICH TOWN (4-4-2): Henderson; Hewitt, Chambers (cpt), Smith, Cresswell; Drury, N’Daw, Hyam, Tabb; Nouble, McGoldrick.
Subs: Loach, Kisnorbo, Mings, Edwards, Emmanuel-Thomas, Mclean, Murphy.
Referee: J Linington