TEAM NEWS: Paul Taylor and Daryl Murphy go straight into starting line-up
Ipswich v Huddersfield: New signings Paul Taylor and Daryl Murphy will start on the wings in this afternoon’s match against Huddersfield Town at Portman Road.
Taylor – a �1.5m signing from Peterborough on Thursday – replaces Jay Emmanuel-Thomas on the right, while Daryl Murphy – back on loan from Celtic – comes in for Josh Carson on the left.
Town’s only other change following their 2-1 extra-time defeat at League One side Carlisle United on Tuesday night sees captain Carlos Edwards (groin) replaced by Jack Ainsley.
Powerful midfielder Guirane N’Daw, signed on loan from St Etienne last week, is on the bench for the Blues.
Huddersfield Town signed winger Adam Hammill from Wolves late last night and he takes his place on the bench.
You may also want to watch:
Lee Novak has stepped into the sizeable shoes of Jordan Rhodes following his big-money move to Blackburn this week, partnering James Vaughan up front.
IPSWICH TOWN (4-2-3-1): Loach; Ainsley, Chambers (cpt), Smith, Cresswell; Drury, Luongo; Taylor, Martin, Murphy; Chopra.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 3 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 4 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's clash with Crystal Palace
- 5 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 6 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 7 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 8 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 9 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
- 10 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
Subs: Lee-Barrett, N’Daw, Emmanuel-Thomas, Scotland, Hyam, Carson, Murray.
HUDDERSFIELD TOWN (4-3-3): Smithies; Dixon, Clarke (cpt), Hunt, Lynch; Clayton, Norwood, Ward; Southern, Novak, Vaughan.
Subs: Bennett, Woods, Gerrard, Hammill, Arfield, Lee, Spencer.
Referee: Mick Russell.