TEAM NEWS: Scott Loach and Lee Martin still not ready to return
- Credit: CameraSport - Stephen White
Ipswich v Blackpool: SCOTT Loach and Lee Martin will not be fit to face Blackpool at Portman Road tomorrow – but the pair could be in contention for next Tuesday’s visit of Watford.
Left-winger Martin has missed the last two games with a groin strain sustained in training, while keeper Loach was unavailable for last weekend’s 1-0 loss at Blackburn after he sprained his thumb in practise.
It means that Daryl Murphy – who prefers playing up front – is likely to continue on the left of midfield, with West Ham loanee Stephen Henderson retaining his place in goal.
“They’re both still out, but both of them are hopeful for Tuesday,” said Blues boss Mick Mccarthy.
Asked how much his side had missed Martin in recent weeks, he added: “Well, we missed Lee as much as we missed me for the Middlesbrough game – not much because we won 4-0!
You may also want to watch:
“We do miss his energy and his ability to get us up the pitch and his ability to open up the opposition with his pace. He’s done very, very well for me.
“I’d like him fit for the last 14 games.”
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 3 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 4 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 5 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 6 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 7 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 8 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 9 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 10 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk
The Blues boss added: “Everyone else is fine. We’ve had a difficult week because we’ve had to train indoors with the pitches flooded. It’s the same for everyone though.”
– See tomorrow’s EADT for full match preview.