TEAM NEWS: Scott Loach, Luke Hyam and Paul Green start for Ipswich Town against Blackpool
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich v Blackpool: Ipswich Town manager Mick McCarthy has made three changes from the team that drew 2-2 at Barnsley last week, for today’s Championship clash at home to Blackpool.
One change is enforced with Dean Gerken a late omission, so Scott Loach replaces the former Colchester United stopper in goal.
Elsewhere, Paul Green makes his full Town debut after his substitute appearance at Oakwell, while Luke Hyam returns after a month out with a leg injury.
Jay Tabb and Frank Nouble drop to the bench and they are joined by the returning Sylvan Ebanks-Blake (hamstring), while Wales under-19 goalkeeper Michael Crowe takes Loach’s place among the subs. There is no place for Paul Taylor or Carlos Edwards in the 18.
As for Blackpool, they are unchanged from their 1-1 home draw with Nottingham Forest a week ago, but former Ipswich Town striker Michael Chopra is on the bench.
You may also want to watch:
Another player with Town links, former loanee Ricardo Fuller, joins him among the substitutes.
Ipswich: Loach, Chambers, Smith, Berra, Cresswell, Green, Hyam, Skuse, Hunt, Murphy, McGoldrick. Subs: Crowe (GK), Anderson, Mings, Tabb, Richardson, Ebanks-Blake, Nouble.
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 4 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 5 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 6 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 7 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 9 Person in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 10 Exit Interview: Ward was the model pro who started fast but simply ran out of steam
Blackpool: Gilks, McMahon, MacKenzie, Broadfoot, Robinson, Angel, Haroun, Perkins, Dobbie, Keogh, Davies. Subs: Chopra, Halliday, Basham, Fuller, Cathcart, Goodwillie, Grandin.