TEAM NEWS: Tabb replaces Emmanuel-Thomas at Sheffield Wednesday
Sheffield Weds v Ipswich: BLUES boss Mick McCarthy has made just one change to his starting line-up for this afternoon’s crunch match at fellow relegation-fighting side Sheffield Wednesday.
Following Tuesday night’s 3-0 home win over Crystal Palace, Jay Tabb – fully recovered from the knee injury he sustained against Hull City – returns to the left of midfield at the expense of Jay Emmanuel-Thomas.
Owls boss Dave Jones has made three chnages to his side after their gruelling goalless draw on Blackpool’s sandy pitch in midweek.
Kieran Lee, Sey Olofinjana and Leroy Lita come into the side for Stuart Holden, David Prutton and Steve Howard.
Olofinjana’s return after injury is a big boost, but Gary Madine and Reda Johnson have both failed fitness tests.
Both sides have undergone dramatic revivals in the second half of the season, but both are still not clear of the threat of relegation with three games to go.
Ipswich – who would be fourth in the table had the season started when McCarthy arrived at Portman Road on November 1 – are five points clear of the drop zone in 13th.
- 1 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 2 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 3 Patrols 'throughout the night' following dispersal order in Suffolk town
- 4 Young driver crashes car just a week after passing
- 5 New state-of-the-art army attack helicopters undergo testing in Suffolk
- 6 Harper and El Mizouni made available for loan
- 7 Police warning after Suffolk driver speeds at 126mph
- 8 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 9 Bakinson's the 'mini Pogba' who has been a big hit on loan before and will now look to prove the doubters wrong
- 10 'Two suspicious individuals' spotted on primary school roof
Wednesday – who have lost just five of their last 22 league games – are two points behind them in 18th.
– For live match updates, follow @Stuart_Watson and @ChrisBramms on Twitter.
SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY (4-4-1-1): Kirkland; Buxton, Gardner (cpt), Llera, Pugh; Lee, Olofinjana, Coke, Helan; J Johnson; Lita.
Unused subs: Bywater, Taylor, Maguire, Mattock, McCabe, Prutton, Howard.
IPSWICH TOWN (4-4-2): Loach; Stearman, Chambers, Smith, Cresswell; Edwards (cpt), N’Daw, Hyam, Tabb; Murphy, Nouble.
Unused subs: Lee-Barrett, Hewitt, Kisnorbo, Wordsworth, Drury, Emmanuel-Thomas, Chopra.
Referee: Geoff Eltringham