TEAM NEWS: Tabb replaces Emmanuel-Thomas at Sheffield Wednesday
Sheffield Weds v Ipswich: BLUES boss Mick McCarthy has made just one change to his starting line-up for this afternoon’s crunch match at fellow relegation-fighting side Sheffield Wednesday.
Following Tuesday night’s 3-0 home win over Crystal Palace, Jay Tabb – fully recovered from the knee injury he sustained against Hull City – returns to the left of midfield at the expense of Jay Emmanuel-Thomas.
Owls boss Dave Jones has made three chnages to his side after their gruelling goalless draw on Blackpool’s sandy pitch in midweek.
Kieran Lee, Sey Olofinjana and Leroy Lita come into the side for Stuart Holden, David Prutton and Steve Howard.
Olofinjana’s return after injury is a big boost, but Gary Madine and Reda Johnson have both failed fitness tests.
You may also want to watch:
Both sides have undergone dramatic revivals in the second half of the season, but both are still not clear of the threat of relegation with three games to go.
Ipswich – who would be fourth in the table had the season started when McCarthy arrived at Portman Road on November 1 – are five points clear of the drop zone in 13th.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 The 36 best restaurants in Suffolk according to the AA guide
- 4 Cornell attracting Championship interest as Ipswich contract is terminated
- 5 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 6 Oxford boss hits out at 'ludicrous' League One spending while appearing to take swipe at Ipswich Town
- 7 'We are in for three, four or five players' - Town CEO Ashton on new signings and deliver 'dramatic change' for Cook
- 8 GP surgery with more than 3,000 patients announces closure
- 9 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 10 Full list: Everyone in Suffolk in the Queen's Birthday Honours 2021
Wednesday – who have lost just five of their last 22 league games – are two points behind them in 18th.
– For live match updates, follow @Stuart_Watson and @ChrisBramms on Twitter.
SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY (4-4-1-1): Kirkland; Buxton, Gardner (cpt), Llera, Pugh; Lee, Olofinjana, Coke, Helan; J Johnson; Lita.
Unused subs: Bywater, Taylor, Maguire, Mattock, McCabe, Prutton, Howard.
IPSWICH TOWN (4-4-2): Loach; Stearman, Chambers, Smith, Cresswell; Edwards (cpt), N’Daw, Hyam, Tabb; Murphy, Nouble.
Unused subs: Lee-Barrett, Hewitt, Kisnorbo, Wordsworth, Drury, Emmanuel-Thomas, Chopra.
Referee: Geoff Eltringham