TEAM NEWS: Taylor and Murphy set to start against Huddersfield, with N’Daw on the bench
Ipswich v Huddersfield: Town new boys Paul Taylor and Daryl Murphy are in line to start against Huddersfield Town tomorrow, with recent signing Guirane N’Daw set to be on the bench.
Asked who he felt was ready to go straight into the team, Jewell said: “Paul Taylor played on Tuesday night against Reading and trained with us this morning, so he’s fine.
“Daryl Murphy trained this morning too, he was on the bench for Celtic in the week and looks in good condition.
“Guirane N’Daw probably needs a bit more work. He’s done pre-season at St Etienne, but maybe is not at the level that we’re at.
“He’ll be in the squad Saturday, but whether he starts or not is another thing.”
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, captain and right-back Carlos Edwards is rated as a ‘major doubt’ after limping off with a groin problem at Carlisle on Tuesday night.
Luke Hyam missed that match with a hamstring problem, while Josh Carson reported a tight groin himself after the extra-time defeat.
- 1 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 2 Matchday Live: No Edmundson or Chaplin as Evans returns for Town
- 3 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 4 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 5 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 6 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 7 Fallen tree partially blocks stretch of A12
- 8 Evans returns to Town side for Millwall clash
- 9 Army helicopter lands in field near Nacton after developing fault
- 10 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
“Josh is okay,” said Jewell. “Luke has trained with the physio all week and will hopefully be okay, while Carlos is a major doubt.”
– See tomorrow’s EADT for full match preview.