That goal was mine, says match-winner Aaron Cresswell
AARON Cresswell has spoken of his delight after breaking his Ipswich Town duck to net a deflected winner to beat Peterborough 3-2.
Town were pegged back twice by Posh but the visitors had no answer to Cresswell’s 25-yard shot, which took a heavy deflection off Gabriel Zakuani, in the 85th minute.
And the left-back joked: “I think it was flying in the top corner. It took a deflection, but it was definitely going in – so I am claiming it.”
In a end-to-end match – a great one for the neutral but one that managers can never relax in – Cresswell felt Ipswich just shaded it.
He explained: “I thought overall we deserved the three points. The manager said we could have lost that game – and we would have lost it two or three months ago.
You may also want to watch:
“We used to get a bit under the cosh and everyone’s heads would go down. But we seemed to have turned the corner and we have done well getting the three points today.
“I think it was end-to-end, but we watched videos of them in the last three days and we know they are all-out attack so we knew what was coming.
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 3 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 4 Film crews begin shooting Amazon show in Suffolk village
- 5 'There won't be a better group of strikers in the league' - Jeffers on Town's firepower
- 6 Dog-friendly pub set to reopen in east Suffolk after major revamp
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 9 GP warns of 'Latitude effect' as cases rise among young people
- 10 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
“We were up and down all game, we took the lead, it was a sloppy first goal and it was like that all game.”