That goal was mine, says match-winner Aaron Cresswell
AARON Cresswell has spoken of his delight after breaking his Ipswich Town duck to net a deflected winner to beat Peterborough 3-2.
Town were pegged back twice by Posh but the visitors had no answer to Cresswell’s 25-yard shot, which took a heavy deflection off Gabriel Zakuani, in the 85th minute.
And the left-back joked: “I think it was flying in the top corner. It took a deflection, but it was definitely going in – so I am claiming it.”
In a end-to-end match – a great one for the neutral but one that managers can never relax in – Cresswell felt Ipswich just shaded it.
He explained: “I thought overall we deserved the three points. The manager said we could have lost that game – and we would have lost it two or three months ago.
“We used to get a bit under the cosh and everyone’s heads would go down. But we seemed to have turned the corner and we have done well getting the three points today.
“I think it was end-to-end, but we watched videos of them in the last three days and we know they are all-out attack so we knew what was coming.
- 1 Firefighters tackling fire near popular Suffolk hotel and spa
- 2 'Ipswich will be my club for the rest of my days' - Chambers on Town return
- 3 Town closing in on deal for experienced defender Keogh
- 4 'Childhood dream' as opening date nears for Suffolk coastal restaurant
- 5 Popular family-run butchers announces closure
- 6 Range Rover stolen from home in east Suffolk
- 7 Buildings damaged after reports of people running on rooftops
- 8 85 school children under 4 suspended in Suffolk
- 9 Sir Cliff Richard sends best wishes to Summer Holiday cast
- 10 No music after 11pm at village pub following licence review
“We were up and down all game, we took the lead, it was a sloppy first goal and it was like that all game.”