The fans have spoken – Frank Nouble should start against Foxes
- Credit: Archant
IPSWICH TOWN: Could Big Frank be the answer to the Blues’ goal-scoring woes?
One goal in six hours of Championship football has thrust Frank Nouble into the limelight, following his hat-trick for Town’s reserves in the 4-3 victory over their Colchester United counterparts, in midweek.
A big majority of Blues supporters think it’s time the youngster was handed a maiden start, at home to Leicester City this weekend, with 74% of more than 700 fans voting in our online poll, believing the Londoner is the man to tame the Foxes.
Mick McCarthy described the 21-year-old as a work in progress but having watched the striker’s display against the U’s, the Blues boss cannot have failed to be impressed.
Town aren’t exactly shipping goals either, at the moment though, and the likes of David McGoldrick have been asked to play more withdrawn roles recently, sacrificing personal performances to grind out points, like the one earned at Huddersfield last weekend.
Nouble has displayed a willingness to put defenders under pressure in his brief cameos for the first team but has yet to be tested over a prolonged period, and Championship rearguards will offer far more of an examination than the one he faced on Monday.
However, he has certainly started tongues wagging among fans, who are desperate to see Town score the goals that would go a long way towards securing their Championship survival.
- 1 Car seized as driver tries to avoid parking fees at Stansted Airport
- 2 Matchday Live: Needham Market v Ipswich Town team news and updates
- 3 Suffolk second home owners could face Airbnb ban under crackdown
- 4 Rogue trader in white van visits homes in west Suffolk
- 5 Road closed as emergency services attend two-vehicle crash
- 6 Needham Market 0 Ipswich Town 7: Chaplin nets hat-trick
- 7 McKenna: Pre-season results are not important
- 8 Project to keep Suffolk pub 'protected for years' turned down
- 9 Lane on A14 reopens after severe delays on Orwell Bridge
- 10 Man found guilty of sex assaults on schoolgirl
And Nouble is certainly living up to the comments he made when he moved to Ipswich last month.
“Whether it be in training, coming on for five minutes, or starting – I’m desperate to take my chances when they come along,” he said.