The fans have spoken – Frank Nouble should start against Foxes
- Credit: Archant
IPSWICH TOWN: Could Big Frank be the answer to the Blues’ goal-scoring woes?
One goal in six hours of Championship football has thrust Frank Nouble into the limelight, following his hat-trick for Town’s reserves in the 4-3 victory over their Colchester United counterparts, in midweek.
A big majority of Blues supporters think it’s time the youngster was handed a maiden start, at home to Leicester City this weekend, with 74% of more than 700 fans voting in our online poll, believing the Londoner is the man to tame the Foxes.
Mick McCarthy described the 21-year-old as a work in progress but having watched the striker’s display against the U’s, the Blues boss cannot have failed to be impressed.
Town aren’t exactly shipping goals either, at the moment though, and the likes of David McGoldrick have been asked to play more withdrawn roles recently, sacrificing personal performances to grind out points, like the one earned at Huddersfield last weekend.
You may also want to watch:
Nouble has displayed a willingness to put defenders under pressure in his brief cameos for the first team but has yet to be tested over a prolonged period, and Championship rearguards will offer far more of an examination than the one he faced on Monday.
However, he has certainly started tongues wagging among fans, who are desperate to see Town score the goals that would go a long way towards securing their Championship survival.
- 1 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 2 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 3 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 4 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
- 5 Chambers on a 'Town core setting standards' at Colchester
- 6 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 7 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 8 Farmer's anger at 'utterly vile' dog owner who tied dog mess to gate lock
- 9 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 10 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
And Nouble is certainly living up to the comments he made when he moved to Ipswich last month.
“Whether it be in training, coming on for five minutes, or starting – I’m desperate to take my chances when they come along,” he said.