The game was over at half time – Leadbitter
GRANT Leadbitter could understand the fans frustration after Ipswich Town were booed off at half-time in this afternoon’s defeat to basement side Doncaster Rovers.
A section of supporters chanted “what a load of rubbish” as Town traipsed off at half-time 3-0 down.
Despite a second half rally, and goals from Josh Carson and Michael Chopra, it was not enough as the dismal Blues slumped to their third consecutive defeat.
Skipper Leadbitter said: “It was a bad day at the office and we’re hurting. We understand the fans frustration.
“There were some harsh words said at half-time but the manager didn’t need to say too much as we were all disappointed with the way we performed.
You may also want to watch:
“In the second half, the lads showed a lot of bottle and courage. But it is hard to come out when you are 3-0 down. Lets be honest, the game was over at half-time so we just had to battle through.”
- 1 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 4 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 5 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down
- 6 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 7 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
- 8 Ndaba on Salford, Neville's advice, his brush with Ronaldo-mania and his goal of reaching the Ipswich Town first-team
- 9 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 10 Five fire engines called to red deer trapped in tree