Two League One clubs showing Nsiala interest on deadline day
- Credit: Picture: Stephen Waller
Two of Ipswich Town's League One rivals are looking at Toto Nsiala during the final hours of the transfer window, we understand.
The former Shrewsbury man, currently out injured, is understood to be interesting both Doncaster Rovers and Fleetwood Town.
The two sides, sitting third and 14th respectively have made their interest known but, at this stage, it remains unclear whether the Blues would be willing to let the defender depart.
Nsiala has played 16 appearances for Town this season, giving away a penalty in his last outing against Peterborough, missed by Jonson Clarke-Harris, having been man-of-the-match at Burton the previous weekend.
He is out of contract this summer, with the Blues having an option to extend his stay by a further 12 months.
Nsiala was on the move last January, too, joining Bolton Wanderers on loan for the second half of last season.
Luke Woolfenden and Mark McGuinness are currently paired at the heart of the Ipswich defence, with Luke Chambers playing at right-back and James Wilson close to a return after injury.
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 4 Empty shelves as 'pingdemic' takes its toll on Suffolk's supply chain
- 5 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 6 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 7 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 8 Crash between two motorbikes
- 9 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave
- 10 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
The Blues have already allowed Janoi Donacien to leave on loan during the January window, with the former Accrington man heading to Fleetwood.