Town confident Middlesbrough game will go ahead
IPSWICH Town have today said they expect Portman Road to beat the wintry weather in time for tomorrow’s match against Middlesbrough.
The club have launched a full battle-plan to ensure the ground is safe for the visit of the play-off contenders.
A spokesman said they were “very confident” tomorrow’s 3pm showdown would go ahead, unless the weather deteriorated greatly overnight.
He continued: “The ground-staff have been working extremely hard all week to ensure that the pitch is playable and have erected an inflatable dome over the Portman Road pitch ,with giant heaters warming the ground surface.
“Members of Town’s community trust team have also kindly lent their services by helping to clear snow away from the pitch and surrounding areas.”
You may also want to watch:
- Keep checking this website before kick-off for any updates.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 3 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 4 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 6 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 7 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 8 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 9 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 10 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door