Town consider trio of European countries for pre-season tour
IPSWICH Town manager Paul Jewell says he would like to take his squad to Holland, Germany or Austria for a pre-season tour this summer.
The Blues boss took his side to Holland last July, overseeing victories against FC Eindhoven and Den Bosch.
And he has not ruled out a similar trip this time around.
“We have got a few things in the pipeline,” said Jewell. “We went to Holland last year and I do like going there because it feels like a home game to us.
“It is an hour to Stansted, an hour on the plane and we are there. Whether that can be organised or not, I’m not sure. Germany or Austria are other possibilities.”
You may also want to watch:
Looking at pre-season in general, Jewell said: “We are going to do it individually. We have just had all the Prozone stats for March and it is quite unbelievable.
“I wish those stats were the league table because we are top of all aspects of physicality, except one.
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 3 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 4 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 5 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 6 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 7 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 8 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 9 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 10 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
“Each and every player is going to have a programme and be monitored on their performances.
“I am sitting with the fitness coach to decide what players need what. We know where they need to be better.”