Town consider trio of European countries for pre-season tour
IPSWICH Town manager Paul Jewell says he would like to take his squad to Holland, Germany or Austria for a pre-season tour this summer.
The Blues boss took his side to Holland last July, overseeing victories against FC Eindhoven and Den Bosch.
And he has not ruled out a similar trip this time around.
“We have got a few things in the pipeline,” said Jewell. “We went to Holland last year and I do like going there because it feels like a home game to us.
“It is an hour to Stansted, an hour on the plane and we are there. Whether that can be organised or not, I’m not sure. Germany or Austria are other possibilities.”
Looking at pre-season in general, Jewell said: “We are going to do it individually. We have just had all the Prozone stats for March and it is quite unbelievable.
“I wish those stats were the league table because we are top of all aspects of physicality, except one.
- 1 How it unfolded, as Town pick up a 2-1 victory at Forest Green
- 2 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their victory at Forest Green
- 3 Top food event set to provide showcase for more than 100 Suffolk producers
- 4 Andy's Angles: Five observations from Ipswich Town's win at Forest Green
- 5 Forest Green Rovers 1-2 Ipswich Town: Super Blues win on the road
- 6 Plans for 19 homes in Suffolk village refused
- 7 McKenna on Town's Forest Green win and Harness and Morsy goals
- 8 Car left destroyed after catching fire in west Suffolk
- 9 Decision on pub's licence deferred to next week
- 10 Four taken to hospital after crash involving ambulance on A146
“Each and every player is going to have a programme and be monitored on their performances.
“I am sitting with the fitness coach to decide what players need what. We know where they need to be better.”