Town keeper could miss Hornets clash
BLUES keeper Neil Alexander could miss the Championship clash at Watford with his wife Joanne due to give birth to their second child at any moment.Although Alexander is planning to travel to Watford, Shane Supple is on stand by for his first game of the season if the Scot is called away.
By Derek Davis
BLUES keeper Neil Alexander could miss the Championship clash at Watford with his wife Joanne due to give birth to their second child at any moment.
Although Alexander is planning to travel to Watford, Shane Supple is on stand by for his first game of the season if the Scot is called away.
Alexander admitted to having an unsettled night on Thursday when his wife thought she was going into labour.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “I will go to Watford but will be ready to come back at any moment.”
Town boss Jim Magilton will not prevent Alexander from attending the birth at Ipswich Hospital as he is confident about Supple.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 4 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 5 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 8 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
- 9 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 10 AFC Wimbledon 3-0 Ipswich Town: Woeful Blues well-beaten at Plough Lane in 'season-defining' game
He said: “We have a fine keeper in Shane and I have no worries about him coming in if needed.”
With Fabian Wilnis suspended then Sito Castro has been recalled to the squad.