Town linked with QPR midfielder
IPSWICH Town have this morning been linked with a �1million move for QPR’s Mikele Leigertwood.
One national newspaper has claimed Roy Keane has targeted the experienced defensive midfielder in the January transfer window.
The 28-year-old made 125 appearances for QPR but has this season struggled to break into the league leaders’ side.
He is currently at Championship rivals Reading on loan with the Royals said to be interested in keeping him beyond the end of this month.
Leigertwood, an international for Antigua and Barbuda, played for Wimbledon, Crystal Palace and Sheffield United before signing for QPR in a �700,000 deal in August 2007.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere, it has been claimed that Keane was interested in bringing in experienced duo Andy O’Brien and Kevin Kilbane before their moves to Leeds United and Huddersfield Town respectively.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 2 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 3 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 4 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 5 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 6 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 7 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 8 'Anywhere I can help I will' - Peter Reid joins Town in consultancy role
- 9 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
- 10 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children