Town make signing in time for Burnley visit
IPSWICH Town have signed 19-year-old left-sided midfielder Andros Townsend on a season-long loan from Tottenham.
The newcomer is set to be included in the Blues squad for Saturday’s home Championship game against Burnley having impressed manager Roy Keane in training today.
“We’ve been keeping tabs on Andros for a while and were given permission to speak to him on Tuesday by Spurs,” said Keane.
“Young players are our best bet of getting in loan players from the Premier League and there could be another loan signing by the weekend.
“Andros has a nice left foot and he will be in the squad for Saturday.”
You may also want to watch:
The Town boss confirmed that Wigan had agreed a Town offer for striker Jason Scotland but that ‘there was still a lot of negotiating to be done’.
And Keane said there was a lot of work to be done in bringing Cardiff front man Ross McCormack to Portman Road.
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 5 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 6 Large scratches left on cars all parked on same road overnight
- 7 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 8 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 9 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 10 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot
Keane has confirmed that Gareth McAuley, Tamas Priskin and Jon Walters should be okay to face Burnley after knocks or illness, but Luke Hyam is a big doubt with a shin problem and Troy Brown is out with a twisted ankle.