Match Ratings: How Town players performed against Wednesday
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Ipswich Town shared the points with Sheffield Wednesday at Portman Road today. MIKE BACON gives his Town ratings.
After the most nervous of starts and a mix-up with Cameron Burgess, the Town stopper showed good hands plucking out a series of corners and crosses. He looked far more confident than he had been in recent weeks and had little chance with the goal... 8
Another solid performance from him, defending well and getting forward occasionally. He showed good pace at times and not much came down the Sheffield Wednesday left... 7
A good performance from Penney, who received praise from boss Paul Cook post-game. He made some good breaks and worked well with Scott Fraser. He also defended well and curled in a couple of decent crosses... 8
Solid enough at the back, Edmundson dealt well with Lee Gregory and helped limit Wednesday to few clear-cut chances... 6
After his first minute communciation issue with Hladky, he won plenty of headers and is starting to form a good relationship with Edmundson. Happy with Edmundson to play along the back.... 6
Saw plenty of action in the first half especially but too often his final ball let him down. Lots of endeavour but drifted out of the picture a bit in the second and was eventually subbed off.... 6
IDRIS EL MIZOUNI
A strong performance from the Town youngster who showed good strength and attacked when he had the chance. He may have been a suprise addition to the team sheet but Paul Cook again was glowing in his praise for him... .8
Some tidy touches in the first half and set up Bonne for a great chance early in the game that should have given the Blues a dream start... 7
On his return to Portman Road, showed some lovely touches at times, although his distribution wasn't all it could have been first half. Playing in the No.10 he tried to get on the ball as much as he could before being substituted after a decent showing.... 6
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 3 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 4 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 5 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 6 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 7 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 8 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 9 'Not enough thank yous in this world' - mum of baby saved by police
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
Put in some telling crosses in the first half and linked up well with Penney. Showed great awareness to set up Conor Chaplin for the equaliser... 7
Missed an early chance before redeeming himself with some cheeky forward play, pick-pocketing the Owls keeper Bailey Peacock-Farrell and setting up Town's equaliser. Was no doubt a proud captain as well .... 7
CONOR CHAPLIN (on 75) Got the Town equaliser and was clearly delighted to in front of many of his family who had come to the game.
REKEEM HARPER (on 75) Showed plenty of energy, but will rue not laying the ball off to an unmarked Macauley Bonne as he burst into the area in the final minute.
JOE PIGOTT (on 81) Didn't have enough time to do much, but wanted the ball from the off.