Town paid agents £450,000 last season
IPSWICH Town paid out £450,000 in agents' fees last season in their bid to win promotion.They splashed out £280,000 in the period between January and June alone after signing Alan Quinn, David Norris, Veliche Shumulikoski, and Nick Colgan, while also bringing in Stephen Bywater on loan.
IPSWICH Town paid out £450,000 in agents' fees last season in their bid to win promotion.
They splashed out £280,000 in the period between January and June alone after signing Alan Quinn, David Norris, Veliche Shumulikoski, and Nick Colgan, while also bringing in Stephen Bywater on loan.
The amounts relate to 22 transactions with Town signing eight new players, updating two contracts cancelling six contracts and being involved in eight loan deals.
Town's outlay was the sixth highest in the Championship in the yearly figure and the fourth highest for the past six months.
Colchester United spent £247,480 in total and £150,000 in the latter six months.
- 1 85 school children under 4 suspended in Suffolk
- 2 Two arrests as man suffers serious injuries in pub brawl in seaside village
- 3 Firefighters tackling fire near popular Suffolk hotel and spa
- 4 Sir Cliff Richard sends best wishes to Summer Holiday cast
- 5 'Ipswich will be my club for the rest of my days' - Chambers on Town return
- 6 Thousands head to Helmingham car show
- 7 Popular family-run butchers announces closure
- 8 'Incredible' firefighters spend nearly 12 hours tackling forest blaze
- 9 'Really concerning' – Shock after machete attack at Ipswich sports centre
- 10 North Stander: The early signs are very positive for Town
Only Blackpool went all season without paying an agent, while Leicester City, who were relegated paid put the most at almost £1.7m, while champions West Brom didn't pay anything from January and £633,300 in total.