Town players ‘disappointed’ by Keane departure
IPSWICH Town’s players were said to be ‘disappointed’ at the news that manager Roy Keane’s contract has been ‘amicably terminated’.
Blues chief executive Simon Clegg went to the club’s Playford Road training ground first thing this morning to inform the club’s staff and players of the decision which was made yesterday following a phone call between Keane and owner Marcus Evans.
“The players were disappointed – as we all are,” said Clegg.
“They are professional playesr and that’s why I took the time to speak to them this morning. They all want to achieve at this club and want to be playing for this club in the Premier League.”
He added: “I would expect any new manager coming in will look at the playing squad and see where the strengths are and if we’ve got faults.”
You may also want to watch:
One of Ipswich’s experienced players – likely to be David Norris or Gareth McAuley – are due to speak to the media later this afternoon.
– For all the latest, keep an eye on www.greeun24.co.uk.
- 1 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 2 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 3 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 4 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 5 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 6 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 7 'Anywhere I can help I will' - Peter Reid joins Town in consultancy role
- 8 Matchday Live: Live updates as Town take on Cambridge
- 9 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 10 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial