Town receive Coke cash bonus
IPSWICH Town's youth development programme is £25,000 better off today thanks to a fan who has never seen them play at Portman Road.Carolyn Montgomery, from Dagenham, won the cash and £1,000 for herself, in a Coke Zero promotion to 'Find the next Wayne Rooney'.
IPSWICH Town's youth development programme is £25,000 better off today thanks to a fan who has never seen them play at Portman Road.
Carolyn Montgomery, from Dagenham, won the cash and £1,000 for herself, in a Coke Zero promotion to 'Find the next Wayne Rooney'.
Although Carolyn has yet to watch the Blues, she wanted Ipswich to have the prize as she has nephews who are Town fans.
The Blues Under 18s beat top of the table Southampton 3-0 at Playford Road over the weekend.
Jack Ainsley ran onto a flick on by Connor Wickham to crash the ball home after just five minutes and scored his second from the penalty spot 20 minutes later, after Joe Clemo had been upended. Ollie Brown struck a post before Billy Clark rounded off the scoring.
- 1 West Suffolk pig farmer reluctantly decides to sell herd after torrid year
- 2 Victorian water tower set to become restaurant
- 3 Landlord fined £23k over 'dangerous' electrics and broken toilets at homes
- 4 Red Arrows set to soar over Suffolk this weekend
- 5 Lorry carrying mobile home stopped on A14 in Suffolk for being too wide
- 6 Historic Suffolk hotel and restaurant set for closure
- 7 'There are qualities we want to add' - McKenna on Town transfer targets
- 8 Pub with 'gorgeous views' named one of UK's best waterside drinking spots
- 9 Ex-Town defender wants to win League One title with Owls
- 10 A-Level results: Joy for students across Suffolk
Town team: Ward, Clemo, Dunbar, Hyam, Watson, Eastman, Griffiths, Clark, Ainsley, Wickham, Lambe, Subs. Brandon, Traveller, Capocci.