Town remain tight-lipped over potential Wickham deal
IPSWICH Town have refused to comment on strong reports linking Connor Wickham with a �13m move to Sunderland.
IPSWICH Town have refused to comment on strong reports linking Connor Wickham with a move to Sunderland.
However, it is understood that the Black Cats have lodged a �13m bid for Town’s 18-year-old striker – believed to be an initial �5m payment with numerous add-on clauses – and that talks are ongoing between both clubs.
Wearsiders boss Steve Bruce is a big fan of Wickham and seems intent on bringing the England Under-21 international to the Stadium of Light for the new season following the big-money sales of Darren Bent and Jordan Henderson over the last 12 months.
Town would not confirm that Wickham talks were ongoing this morning, but tellingly they did not deny it either.
You may also want to watch:
The chances are, then, that Wickham will be leaving Portman Road this summer.
- 1 Suffolk-based former Marine found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 2 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 3 Matchday Recap: It rains goals at Portman Road as Town hit six
- 4 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 5 Delays on Orwell Bridge near Ipswich
- 6 Overturned trailer causing delays on roundabout near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Air ambulance called to incident on Bury St Edmunds estate
- 8 Ipswich Town 6-0 Doncaster Rovers: Evans leads the way as ruthless Blues cut loose under the lights
- 9 Rovers bottom, Town starting to click, key men back... is this the night?
- 10 'They walked into us heavy' - Cook on 6-0 thrashing of Doncaster