Town reported to be interested in Aston Villa youngster Gary Gardner
HE has already lit up East Anglian once this month.
Now England Under-21 hero Gary Gardner is said to be interesting a posse of Championship managers – including Town boss Paul Jewell.
The Aston Villa midfielder came off the bench for Stuart Pearce’s men to score twice late on in the 5-0 win over Iceland at Colchester United’s Weston Homes Community Stadium.
Gardner caught the eye with two sweet strikes in front of the Blues coaching duo Chris Hutchings and Sean McCarthy.
Now a national newspaper has tonight claimed Villa are happy to loan out the 19-year-old younger brother of Sunderland’s Craig to further his education.
You may also want to watch:
Town, Leeds United and Coventry City are said to be interested in a loan deal for Gardner who is yet to make an appearance for Villa in the league or cup this season.
The deadline for loan deals is 5pm tomorrow.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 3 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 5 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 6 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 7 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 8 'Poor' infection control at care home sees used Covid test swab left in pile of clean PPE
- 9 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 10 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes