Town's new keeper named
ARRAN Lee-Barrett has joined Ipswich Town on loan until January.
ARRAN Lee-Barrett has joined Ipswich Town on a short term until January.
Lee-Barrett has been training with the Blues after being released by Hartlepool at the end of the season.
The locally-based keeper has also spent spells at Cardiff and Coventry City.
You may also want to watch:
The 25-year-old joined in time to link up with his new team-mates and travel to the west midlands last night.
Keane moved swiftly to land a keeper after being told by Shane Supple on Wednesday that he wanted to quit the game completely.
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 3 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 4 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 5 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 6 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 7 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 8 Mike Bacon: This Ipswich team has Paul Cook's style stamped all over it
- 9 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 10 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
Supple's contract was terminated by mutual agreement with the Dubliner returning home to seek a new career.
Town have agreed to sign Bohemians keeper Brian Murphy when the League of Ireland season ends in November but need extra cover before then.
Keane has made it clear he favour three senior stoppers but may have to do with having academy keeper Ian McLoughlin as further back up until Murphy can play.
Richard Wright will retain his place in goal for the game at the Hawthorns.