Town's run ends as Tykes hold out
Ipswich Town 0 Barnsley 0 IPSWICH Town were held to a goalless draw for the first time in 34 games as their proud run of home wins ended against Barnsley.
Ipswich Town 0 Barnsley 0
By Derek Davis
IPSWICH Town were held to a goalless draw for the first time in 34 games as their proud run of home wins ended against Barnsley.
The Blues have still gone 13 matches without defeat at home but could not crack a resolute Tykes side.
The teams cancelled each other out in the first half with Neil Alexander the slightly busier of the two keepers. He pushed a Grant McCann effort over the bar while his opposite number dealt comfortably with shots from Pablo Counago and Tommy Miller.
Alan Lee limped off in the first half and was replaced by the lively Danny Haynes.
- 1 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 2 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: League One trio eye Preston defender
- 4 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 5 Town closing in on permanent deal for keeper Walton
- 6 Suffolk landlord 'over the moon' to be named pub of the month
- 7 Retired Felixstowe nurse fears eviction after struggle to find social housing
- 8 Suffolk coastline to feature on BBC Winterwatch
- 9 Eight centre-backs Ipswich Town could turn to this month
- 10 Hughes nets a hat-trick for Town Under 23s as familiar face plays for QPR
German keeper Heinz Muller made a couple of tremendous saves to keep his side in the game while defender Dominic Werling was also outstanding for the Tykes.
Neil Alexander had to be sharp in the Town goal to tip round from Werling and deny Sam Togwell.