Town’s three new signings could start against Leeds United
PAUL Jewell has this morning revealed that his three new signings – headed by Jimmy Bullard – could all start against Leeds United on Saturday.
The Ipswich Town boss will consider throwing Bullard, Ibrahima Sonko and Daryl Murphy straight into the starting line-up after confirming the trio had signed following a hectic 24 hours.
In what will disappoint his army of fans, Bullard seems the most unlikely to start after Jewell conceded the midfielder’s match fitness might not be up to scratch following his five-week suspension at Hull City.
A decision will be made on Bullard after today’s training.
Jewell more than hinted that free agent Sonko will start in the centre of defence after impressing his new manager in training and in a midweek reserve match.
You may also want to watch:
Murphy, who has signed on a season-long loan from Celtic, could take the suspended Lee Martin’s place. Tommy Smith is also out after his red card against Peterborough.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 3 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 4 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 5 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 6 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 7 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 8 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 9 Two cars set alight in two different streets
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week