Town’s trip to Cardiff suggests they are still made of the right stuff
MOMENTUM...a seemingly new football buzz-word, or at least one that seems to be all the rage like never before.
Whether it is newly-promoted teams or ones with new managers, string a few results together and momentum is what you got.
And boy did Ipswich Town have it going into the international break. Take a spoonful of defensive solidity, a dose of fluidity and flexibility and a heap of prolific strikers and what do you have? You get my point.
So it was with a little trepidation that I made the long trip to Cardiff yesterday to see if a two-week gap had scuppered the rise of Paul Jewell’s new-look Blues.
Well I am happy to report it hasn’t - but only just.
You may also want to watch:
To read the rest of this blog, please visit www.greenun24.co.uk/blogs or click on the link above
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 3 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 5 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 6 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 7 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn
- 8 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 9 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 10 Man left with serious injuries after late-night attack in town centre