Town set for friendly against Essex neighbours
IPSWICH TOWN: The Blues have arranged a pre-season friendly at Roots Hall against League Two Southend United on Friday July 9 with a 7.45pm kick-off.
This follows a 2-0 win at the Essex-based club last summer; with Town also having confirmed a home match against Premier League West Ham on Saturday July 31 at 3pm.
A friendly at Brentford – as Town did last year – is also on the cards with a pre-season trip to a fitness camp in Portugal and a short tour to Ireland also on the cards.
Town striker Tamas Priskin has joined forces with Town target and fellow Hungarian international Martin Fulop to donate �3,000 towards flood relief in their home country.
The pair are likely to be in action for Hungary in a friendly against Germany today (SAT) with a friendly at Wembley against England on Wednesday August 11 confirmed this week.
Fulop played for Town manager Roy Keane at Sunderland and with the Black Cats set to sign keeper
Simon Mignolet from St Truidense it paves the way for Fulop to move to Portman Road.
- 1 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 2 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 3 'Ipswich did so much for me' - Knight excited for Town return with Crewe after dream Manchester City move
- 4 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 5 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 6 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 7 Dispersal order put in place for coastal town
- 8 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 9 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 10 Hitchhiker died after being hit by lorry wing mirror on A143