Town take Colgan as number two
IPSWICH Town have signed Barnsley keeper Nick Colgan on loan until the end of the season.The 34-year-old will be an understudy to Stephen Bywater who will make his Blues debut at Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday.
IPSWICH Town have signed Barnsley keeper Nick Colgan on loan until the end of the season.
The 34-year-old will be an understudy to Stephen Bywater who will make his Blues debut at Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday.
Bywater joined Town from Derby County to replace Neil Alexander who went to Rangers who then released Roy Carroll so he could go to Pride Park where Lewis Price joined from Portman Road last summer.
Colgan's deal follows the arrival of Bywater and Plymouth midfielder David Norris who were unveiled at press conference.
Blues boss Jim Magilton said: “Ever since day one I have felt David would do a great job for this football club. He has great desire and is enthusiastic and someone who can get better and he is at the right age.
- 1 14 players that could solve Town's left-sided problem
- 2 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Sudbury river
- 3 'We're blown away' - Classic car show visits care home after roadworks setback
- 4 Community sadness after death of man who was found in river
- 5 Former Suffolk poultry farm site could be converted into homes
- 6 Historic former pub with permission to convert into homes set for auction
- 7 Man left with head injury after attack in seaside town
- 8 'New-look' Aldi store set to reopen in Sudbury, creating additional jobs
- 9 Bent names Town stars among his best-ever team-mates
- 10 Man allegedly four times the drink drive limit in Stowmarket
“He will raise the bar here and I'm delighted.”
Magilton also welcomed Bywater who has won promotion with west ham and Derby County.
Magilton said: “Stephen has been promoted twice and knows what it takes. I have known him since he was a young boy and he has qualities that will only enhance our dressing room.
“As we know he has fighting qualities and there is nothing wrong in that.”