Town take the spoils at Barnsley
JOB done - just about.Although not entirely convincing Ipswich completed the first part of this week's stated mission of a maximum return by snaring all three points at the Oakwell.
JOB done - just about.
Although not entirely convincing Ipswich completed the first part of this week's stated mission of a maximum return by snaring all three points at the Oakwell.
The next bit will be at home against Plymouth but they may need to step upa gear if they want to become genuine contenders.
You may also want to watch:
Jon stead put Town ahead with two goals inside ten minutes and looked comfortable for the rest of the first half.
But Barnsley struck back two minutes after the break through debut-making Daniel Bogdanovic and Town struggled to show any sort of superiority after that.
- 1 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 2 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 3 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 4 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 5 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 6 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 7 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 8 'Anywhere I can help I will' - Peter Reid joins Town in consultancy role
- 9 Major delays tail back on to A12 after crash
- 10 Missing 66-year-old woman found in field after search
After all the excitement of their day out in London Town were determined to be up for this game and the start they got showed how ready they were.
Barnsley on the other hand were stunned in the early stages as they had designs on putting right a 4-0 beating by Norwich last time out.
While Town came away with all three points it was far less convincing that it should have been against a team spiralling towards the relegation zone, whereas the Tykes salvaged some pride by their efforts.