Town target's patience running out
IPSWICH Town loan target Adam Johnson has warned his patience is running out at Middlesbrough.The highly-rated 'Boro winger is wanted by a raft of championship clubs, including Town but the Premier League club have made it clear he will not be allowed to go out on loan this year.
IPSWICH Town loan target Adam Johnson has warned his patience is running out at Middlesbrough.
The highly-rated 'Boro winger is wanted by a raft of championship clubs, including Town but the Premier League club have made it clear he will not be allowed to go out on loan this year.
Johnson has found his progress thwarted by the former of England left-midfielder Stewart Downing, who in turn is seeking a bigger club to promote his international chances, and that could prompt one or both to leave Teesside.
You may also want to watch:
England Under-21 winger Johnson said: "Stewart Downing is obviously going to look to move to a big team soon. There has been a lot of talk about him moving. Who knows? He might move before I do.
"But if not, maybe I'll have to find my own way soon - if I can't get in, I can't be hanging around forever.
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 5 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 6 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot
- 7 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 8 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 9 Man in hospital with head injury after late night assault
- 10 Stephen Ward on play-offs belief, Cook's criticism and his future
"Maybe I could go out on loan or something in January and then come back and if I'm still not going to be part of it, then maybe you have got to look elsewhere.'
Blues boss Jim Magilton is tracking his progress closely, but a number of clubs are keen on Johnson who was outstanding in the Championship while on loan at Watford last season with five league goals in 12 games, all coming from the left side.
He would not be the first player to choose not to join Ipswich's promotion challenge with Frenchman Fabrice Ehret reported to be the latest to turn down an approach.
The 28-year-old left sided player claims Town made two bids to his Bundesliga club FC Cologne but he didn't want to move.
Town were also knocked back in their bid to sign his team-mate Milivoje Novakovic, a prolific striker that Cologne refused to sell.
Reports that Damien Francis was a Blues target have been denied by Watford boss Aidy Boothroyd who said there had been no contact from Ipswich.