Town trial another defensive hopeful
SLOVAKIAN international Jozef Adamik is this week training with Ipswich Town.The Under-21 central defender who is currently with Slovan Bratislava was unearthed by Blues chief scout Steve McCall while scouring eastern Europe.
By Derek Davis
SLOVAKIAN international Jozef Adamik is this week training with Ipswich Town.
The Under-21 central defender who is currently with Slovan Bratislava was unearthed by Blues chief scout Steve McCall while scouring eastern Europe.
Adamik, 22, has previously played for Komarna and ZTS Dubnica and has also represented his country at Under 20s and under 19s.
The centre half follows Pole Marcin Adamski to Portman Road on a trial with the former Rapid Wien defender playing in the reserves against Norwich tonight.
Town are determined to strengthen their squad and continue to try and bring in a Premiership defender on loan but Manchester United's Jonny Evans is unlikely to be secured despite being linked in Belfast.
- 1 'It's a contractual issue' - McKenna explains Simpson recall
- 2 Photographer secretly recorded couple in bedroom of his Suffolk holiday home
- 3 'It's what I know and love': Former lorry driver opens food truck on A12
- 4 'It was worth it!' - Town co-owner has a celebration scar
- 5 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 6 'I lost my patience... that's how I roll' - Holt apology for 'derogatory' Morsy comments
- 7 Stu says: Seven observations following Wimbledon win
- 8 'We were harshly beaten' - Dons boss on Town defeat
- 9 'I'm almost getting fed goals on a plate... there's no better feeling' - Town match-winner Burns loving life at Ipswich
- 10 Award-winning east Suffolk restaurant temporarily closes ahead of takeover
Blues boss Jim Magilton has been in Belfast, and is due to return there for media work later this week.