Dobra back in a Town shirt but Ipswich U23s tamed by Tigers
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Ipswich Town U23s 0 Hull U23s 1
Ipswich Town's U23s were beaten by Hull's youngsters at Portman Road today, Tremaine Eastmond's early goal proving enough for the East Yorkshire side.
Armando Dobra was a surprise addition to the Ipswich Town team sheet, albeit on the bench, the 20-year-old Albanian U21 international is on a season-long loan at Colchester United. But he was back with his parent club this afternoon.
Ipswich's Harry Barbrook had an chance at the back post but Hull managed to get a body in the way and eventually clear the danger.
However, on 14 minutes the Tigers took the lead through Eastmond. Town were soon back on the attack despite the setback, Tyreece Simpson and Albie Armin having efforts go close.
Armin was booked, before Will Jarvis broke through for Hull but Nick Hayes and Elkan Baggott were back to close him down on the half-hour.
Hull were ahead at the break and Elkan Baggott's header early in the second half was gathered by Hull goalkeeper Harry Fisk, before Barbrook reached for a deep cross but his effort clipped the crossbar.
- 1 £1.5million project set to turn north Essex towns into giant gaming areas
- 2 School apologises for GCSE paper error as it falls to inadequate
- 3 Man identified after dog walker threatened in Sudbury
- 4 Andy Warren: Why keeping Sam Morsy is vital for Ipswich Town
- 5 Man caught drink driving over three times the legal limit in Suffolk town
- 6 'It makes you want to cry' - anger as bench dumped in pond at country park
- 7 Girl, 12, injured after having foot run over by driver
- 8 Suffolk celebrates! Full list of county's 185 street parties for the Queen's jubilee
- 9 Woman injured after car flips on its roof near Ipswich
- 10 Julia Bradbury's feature on 'beautiful' Sudbury airs on This Morning today
Dobra came on with 10 minutes left.
Time was running out for Town as Hull picked up late yellow cards with the Blues pushing for an equaliser, which never came.
Town: Hayes, Stewart, Baggott (C), Armin, Agbaje, El Mizouni, Humphreys, H. Barbrook, Chirewa, Hughes, Simpson. Subs: Bort, Kabongolo, Alexander, Ward, Dobra.