Ipswich Town v Nottingham Forest betting: Punters split down the middle
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Punters are totally split over who to back in the Ipswich Town v Nottingham Forest clash this afternoon (3pm).
Town, coming off a fine 1-0 win at Derby County on Tuesday night, have the chance to record a second straight triumph over a top half side when they host Forest at Portman Road.
The Midlands side, of course, will bring striker Daryl Murphy back to Suffolk for the second time since his departure last year – he scored for Newcastle on his first return last season.
But punters can’t separate the sides, with 43% of bets laid on the game, according to Oddschecker, going on a Town win at 13/8, and another 43% backing Forest at 19/10.
Just 14% of bets are on the draw, at odds of 13/5.
The aforementioned Murphy is the favourite in the first goalscorer market, at around 4/1, with ex-Forest man Martyn Waghorn leading the way for Town at 7/1.
You may also want to watch:
The bookies’ tip is actually a 1-1 final score, at around 5/1, followed by 2-1 Ipswich (8/1) and 1-0 Town (9/1). You can get 10/1 on a 1-0 Forest win.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 3 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 4 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 5 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 6 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 7 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 8 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 9 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
- 10 Friends reunited, points to prove and more goals, please - Town face U's