Deadline Day Recap: Celina and Morsy sign to complete Town's business
- Credit: ITFC/PA
The transfer window is now closed, with Ipswich Town signing two players on a busy deadline day.
Town completed their 17th signing of the summer yesterday with the arrival of goalkeeper Christian Walton, on loan from Brighton, and look set to add further new recruits before this evening’s 11pm deadline.
The centrepiece of the Blues’ summer business is likely to be attacking midfielder Bersant Celina, with the Portman Road side closing in on a loan move for a player who impressed during his temporary spell at the club in 2017/18.
Also on the agenda is a holding midfielder, with Middlesbrough’s Sam Morsy a leading target as Paul Cook bids for a reunion with a player who captained his teams at both Wigan and Chesterfield.
There are no guarantees, though, with neither Middlesbrough or Morsy pushing for a move at a time when the 29-year-old remains involved with Neil Warnock’s side, starting three of Boro’s five Championship games this season.
Should a move for Morsy not materialise, the Blues are understood to have other midfield targets to turn to as they bid to add muscle in the middle of the pitch.
In terms of exits, Armando Dobra will formally complete a loan move to Colchester later today after the switch was completed yesterday.
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 3 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 4 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 5 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 6 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 7 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 8 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 9 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 10 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds