TRANSFER LATEST: Cheick Kourouma’s move hangs in the balance after injury in training
CHEICK Kourouma’s proposed move to Ipswich Town hangs in the balance after the long-term traillist suffered injury in training this morning.
The 19-year-old Frenchman was spotted hobbling through Playford Road on crutches at lunchtime, with his left leg heavily bandaged from ankle to thigh and held in place with a metal support.
“He’s hurt himself in training this morning,” confirmed Jewell. “We don’t know the extent of that injury, he’s going to have a scan this afternoon.
“It’s unfortunate for the kid because he’s not had clearance (to sign) yet. It’s been a long drawn out affair talking to all his former clubs.
“We’re hoping it’s not going to be too serious.”
You may also want to watch:
Kourouma was recommended to manager Jewell by ex-defender Ibrahima Sonko. And after impressing during an end-of-season trial, the energetic box-to-box midfielder has been training with the Blues since the first day back of pre-season.
Town have spent the entire summer contacting all of his previous clubs – including Sochaux (France), Real Zaragoza (Spain) and Genoa (Italy) – to ensure that no parties will suddenly come calling for compensation in the future.
- 1 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 2 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 3 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 4 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 5 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 6 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 7 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 8 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season
- 9 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 10 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
– For full match preview of Ipswich Town’s Capital One Cup match against Bristol Rovers, see tomorrow’s EADT and Ipswich Star.