TRANSFER LATEST: Connor Wickham set to go out on loan to Championship club
CONNOR Wickham is today expected to leave Sunderland and move back to the Championship.
The 19-year-old endured a difficult first season at Sunderland following his �8.1million move from Ipswich last summer.
And he has since falling further down the pecking order following the signings of Louis Saha and Steven Fletcher.
We understand Wickham has today been made officially available on loan with his name circulated to all Championship clubs – including former club Ipswich.
Blues boss Paul Jewell has admitted he would love to resign Wickham on loan but admitted that the wages Town would have to pay could scupper any deal.
You may also want to watch:
The move for Daryl Murphy and Paul Taylor would also suggest the youngster is unlikely to make a return to Portman Road..
It is believed one unnamed Premier League club showed interest on Wednesday night in signing the teenager on loan, but a move back to the Championship seems more likely.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 3 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 4 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's clash with Crystal Palace
- 5 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 6 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 7 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 8 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 9 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
- 10 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
* Follow our live ITFC transfer deadline day web-blog covering all the thrills and spills from Portman Road and beyond – by clicking on the link on our homepage or visiting http://www.eadt.co.uk/scribblelive_2_10700