TRANSFER LATEST: Connor Wickham set to go out on loan to Championship club
CONNOR Wickham is today expected to leave Sunderland and move back to the Championship.
The 19-year-old endured a difficult first season at Sunderland following his �8.1million move from Ipswich last summer.
And he has since falling further down the pecking order following the signings of Louis Saha and Steven Fletcher.
We understand Wickham has today been made officially available on loan with his name circulated to all Championship clubs – including former club Ipswich.
Blues boss Paul Jewell has admitted he would love to resign Wickham on loan but admitted that the wages Town would have to pay could scupper any deal.
The move for Daryl Murphy and Paul Taylor would also suggest the youngster is unlikely to make a return to Portman Road..
It is believed one unnamed Premier League club showed interest on Wednesday night in signing the teenager on loan, but a move back to the Championship seems more likely.
- 1 Matchday Recap: How Town's cup defeat to Colchester played out
- 2 Firefighters tackling fire near popular Suffolk hotel and spa
- 3 Town closing in on deal for experienced defender Keogh
- 4 Smoke seen across Ipswich as crews tackle large fire
- 5 Police attending 'incident' near town centre
- 6 'Childhood dream' as opening date nears for Suffolk coastal restaurant
- 7 Popular family-run butchers announces closure
- 8 Buy the bread everyone’s raving about at new Suffolk cafe
- 9 'Quite different to traditional gyms' Suffolk gym with a difference opens
- 10 Farmer 'heartbroken' as land sees fourth fire in 10 days
* Follow our live ITFC transfer deadline day web-blog covering all the thrills and spills from Portman Road and beyond – by clicking on the link on our homepage or visiting http://www.eadt.co.uk/scribblelive_2_10700