TRANSFER LATEST: Daryl Murphy delighted at Ipswich Town return
NEW Ipswich Town striker Daryl Murphy has revealed his delight after returning to Portman Road on a season-long loan.
The Celtic star and Republic of Ireland international joins the club for a third loan spell and could be in contention for a place in Paul Jewell’s side for Saturday’s home game against Huddersfield.
“I’m delighted to be back at Ipswich,” Murphy, who was an unused sub for Celtic last night, in their Champions League victory against Helsingborgs
“All over the summer I was hoping something would get sorted for me to come back here and thankfully that has happened now.
“I’ve had a long summer break, around eight or nine weeks, but I’ve kept myself ticking over fitness wise and I’m feeling good.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ll train with the boys tomorrow, get to know a few of the new faces in the camp and if the manager selects me for the weekend then I’ll be more than ready to get started straightaway.”
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 3 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 4 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's clash with Crystal Palace
- 5 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 6 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 7 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 8 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 9 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
- 10 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival