TRANSFER LATEST: Ipswich Town have had no more contact with Aston Villa over Aaron Cresswell
IPSWICH Town’s chances of hanging on to left-back Aaron Cresswell have strengthened after Paul Jewell admitted last night there had been no fresh interest from Aston Villa.
The 22-year-old was linked with the Premier League side last month with Jewell confirming there had been interest but no firm bid.
With Town under no pressure to sell, the Blues boss reiterated he would only think about a move for the right multi-million pound price.
That tough stance appears to have put off Villa boss Paul Lambert with Jewell revealing after the win against Colchester United that any interest had cooled.
Jewell said: “There has been no interest in Cresswell. We have had no contact from Aston Villa other than a gentle enquiry I told you about three weeks ago.
You may also want to watch:
“We have had no interest about any of our other players. That could change but I am more interested about bringing people in than moving people out.
“Some players might leave the club but we don’t need to sell. We are a very small squad as it is and we want to try and improve it rather than deplete it.”
- 1 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 2 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 3 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 4 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 5 Matchday Live: No Edmundson or Chaplin as Evans returns for Town
- 6 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 7 Fallen tree partially blocks stretch of A12
- 8 Evans returns to Town side for Millwall clash
- 9 Army helicopter lands in field near Nacton after developing fault
- 10 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested