TRANSFER LATEST: Ipswich Town in pole position for Luke Chambers
LUKE Chambers is expected to become an Ipswich Town player in the next few days, we understand.
The latest twist in Paul Jewell’s pursuit of the former Nottingham Forest skipper appears to have swung back in the Blues’ favour after concerns were raised when the 26-year-old asked for more time following his successful medical yesterday.
But Chambers appears to be closing in on putting pen to paper at Portman Road with reports that he might be speaking with other Championship clubs, or indeed having an medical elsewhere, apparently wide off the mark.
While the defender is not expected to join up with his soon-to-be new team mates for the start of pre-season training tomorrow, he could complete his switch to Suffolk by the weekend.
The news will be a massive boost to Blues’ fans who were starting to question why Town were missing out on all their top targets.
You may also want to watch:
- For more on this breaking story, see tomorrow’s Ipswich Star and EADT
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 4 Superstitious nonsense or serious business? - Change on the way as Ipswich Town play the numbers game
- 5 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 6 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 7 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 8 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 9 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 10 Town's first game of the season will be all-ticket